Monday, August 8, 2011

Overcoming the Natural Man - Submissiveness

So I know I have talked about submissiveness a lot lately. It must be something I really need to work on. :)

I think it is really interesting that this verse (Mosiah 3:19) talks about submitting or submissiveness four separate times. It states that we are to become as a child, submissive, meek... Meek is defined as quiet, gentle and easily imposed on. In fact one of its synonyms is submissive. So there it talks about it twice, then it goes on to say that we are to be willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

To me this means one of the most important ways to overcome the natural man is to become submissive to the Lord. So what can I do this week to become more submissive to the Lord.

Lately it has been easy for me to complain about my situation, whether it be work or dating etc. This week I'm going to concentrate on accepting my life and enjoying it. I am going to submit to the situation that the Lord has thoughtfully placed me in and make the most of it. I want to learn everything I can from these trials and opportunities. This is going to be a challenge for me but I know with the Lord's help I can succeed.

1 comment:

  1. In just the past week I have had two specific situations in which I was spiritually prompted to NOT say things and I said them anyway. Had I been meek and submissive to these impressions, I wouldn't have lost the spirit. I love this post. I think the exact opposite to the natural man is submissiveness and it's a great reminder to "go with the flow" by not fighting against what Heavenly Father prompts us to do.

    ReplyDelete