Sunday, October 2, 2011

The woman I want to be...

When I listen to general conference, I like to write down the impressions that I receive as speakers are talking about things I need to do. Usually this list gets pretty lengthy but as I write I don't take the time to think about whether or not that has been written before. This means in the end when I run through this list there are 5 or 6 common themes of things I need to work on.

This conference, however, I was impressed to do something else. During the Sunday morning session I wrote down during Elder Eyring's talk "figure out who you want to become - make goals to get there - it may seem hard or like there is not enough time - the unimportant things will fall away and your capacity will be increased."

The rest of the day has been consumed with me asking myself "Who do I want to be?"

I have reflected on women in my life that I consider role models, women that I look up to. I noticed a few common traits that they have and so I present: The woman I want to be:

Faithful

  • Reread the Book of Mormon by the end of the year
  • Pray at least twice a day
  • Attend the temple no less than once a month
  • Read all of this conference's talks before the next conference

Loving and Charitable

  • Be a diligent visiting teacher
  • Replace tv etc with doing service such as visiting girls in the ward, visiting friends, visiting neighbors, and coming closer to my Father in Heaven and Savior

I won't be perfect in this endeavor but I must try.

No comments:

Post a Comment