Monday, September 26, 2011

I'm Happy Now

I was blessed to have the opportunity to attend the relief society meeting on Saturday at the conference center in Salt Lake. There is something about being there in person, surrounded by beautiful caring women. I drew great strength from being there.

Many people have mentioned how they felt that President Uchtdorf's talk was meant for them, he was talking directly to them. My experience was no different.

Recently, for the first time in my life, I have experienced such peace and confidence in my own skin. I have been, shall we say, happy. This is great, right? Well, somewhere in my twisted mind I started thinking there was something wrong with me. I started asking myself, "am I getting too comfortable?" "have I given up?" I started trying to make problems out of my joy. IT MAKES NO SENSE, I know!

For this reason, President Uchtdorf's talk had such a big impact on my life. It is okay for me to be happy in my situation. In fact, it is important and commendable to feel happy in any situation.

I am more than blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment